“Agropro” carries out its production activities in accordance with the following food production principles:
- Cold pressing – raw materials and product temperature does not rise above 40 degrees Celsius in all stages of production (from hemp grain drying in elevator to shelled seeds packing to wholesale or retail containers). This means that our manufactured products remain ‘live’ and preserve all the nutrients.
- Mechanical processing – we do not use any liquids, gases, infrared rays, or similar treatment that could quicken or facilitate the production (which may have a negative impact on the nutrition and health of the user) in preparation of raw materials and processing them into products. We produce the products, processing raw materials only mechanically (cleaning, pressing, shelling, milling, and screening processes are provided only by mechanical equipment of the highest quality stainless steel.
- Local raw material – we are processing the material only of local origin, raw material (hemp grain) is grown for our company in Lithuania (EU) by prior contract.
- Raw materials quality control – we believe that only top quality raw materials can ensure the quality of the food, so hemp grain cultivation in farms and their way to the processing plant we control even 2 years prior to processing:
- we ourselves grow certified reproduction material (seeds for sowing) in Lithuania from the elite category propagating material;
- we supply certified reproduction material to the selected certified eco-Lithuanian farms. There we control the following processes, such as: soil preparation, certified organic fertilizer use, sowing time, additional fertilizing with certified ecological fertilizers, THC testing (along with authorized state institutions), ecological research (together with authorized state institutions) , time threshing, cleaning and drying methods and tools;
- only undoubtable raw material, produced from UAB “Agropro” two years ago planted seeds of super elite variety are further processed and becomes one of the highest category of products.
- Traceability – each raw material, grown in a different farm, receives an individual serial number. Each series allows identification of:
- elite category reproduction material, used for hemp grains growing;
- hemp grain growing place by local precision;
- dates of seeding and threshing;
- used certified organic fertilizers (manufacturer, date, amount, etc.);
- the way to the production department (storage place, etc.), and so on.
Each serial number is processed individually, and produced products are associated with this material series (information is added by the data on what (and how many) products have been produced and when). Therefore, every product, leaving to the customer, has a unique number, allowing checking the history the product at least two years ago. Due to the high quality standards we have never had to cancel a series of products, but if such situation occurs, we can easily identify the problem and eliminate it.
Safety – the “green” raw food production, despite its advantages (freshness, nutritional value, and so on.) owns the threats also, without thermal treating microbiological contamination (mold, fungus, etc.) can occur. Therefore, “Agropro” investigates separately microbiological and chemical pollution of each farm provided hemp grain raw materials in the consignment, and every single consignment of a product once more (regardless one or multiple products are produced from one series of raw materials). The total number of bacteria, enterobacteriaceae, mold, fungus, salmonella, E. coli, peroxides, mycotoxins, heavy metals, pesticides, etc. are tested there. “Agropro” does not provide the market with products that do not meet EU and US strict food safety standards. However, in case of pesticides or heavy metals detection (no significant amount of pesticides and heavy metals was detected in raw material of Lithuanian origin) strict internal quality standards are used and applied for these types of pollution (heavy metals, pesticides).